Re: Made in USA Safety Equipment Company

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Made in USA Safety Equipment Company
From: "Glen Barrett" <speedtimer@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 15:47:28 -0800
Skip & list
SCTA does consult with several safety and chassis professionals out here on
the coast because they are local. It's a little hard to deal with some of
the out of state people regarding accidents and the causes. We, in most
cases impound the vehicle and put two committees on the vehicle. This is in
conjuction with the above mentioned people. We also try to conduct all of
the accidents at Bonneville while the meet is going on. We do this in a area
to keep the general public and others from interfering during the
investigation.

This is no different then NASA or any other originazition does things. On
two occasions I have contacted Mr. Stroud by mail regarding safety items. He
never responded to me.I respect what he does and his knowledge of the sport
and it's safety issues. The SCTA / BNI has an extensive file of accidents
and as stated before we do consult the pros. We do not publish all we know
but do make the changes recommended.

Once again we are bound by certian rules and insurance requirements due to
the chance of law suits to be very careful what we publish.

Glen