RE: Threaded Fittings

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Threaded Fittings
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 11:14:22 -0600
Glen;

If you intend to take the fitting apart frequently, the teflon tape seal
method is excellent. I use a small stainless steel bristle brush to clean
the tape off of male fittings. For a semi-permanent seal, though, I still
prefer the Loctite Hydraulic Sealant-- it's quicker and the seal doesn't
depend on proper torque on the fitting. That is a convenient feature when
you need to make a 90 degree fitting point in a certain direction.

One technique isn't necessarily "better" than another. It just shows that
"there's more than one way to skin a cat".

Regards, Neil     Tucson, AZ