Re: Ignition Puzzle in East Texas Camaro ? ? ? Any ideas???

To: James Tone <gmc6power@earthlink.net>, Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>,
Subject: Re: Ignition Puzzle in East Texas Camaro ? ? ? Any ideas???
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 06:29:24 -0800 (PST)
I'm running a marine spin off fuel filter.  It's exactly like a remote oil
filter, but the cannister is made specifically for fuel.  I did run a drill
through it and open up the passages a little as you did, but I still neck down
to a standard 3/8 fitting that came on the 750 Edelbrock (Carter) carb.
Dick
Dick
 James Tone <gmc6power@earthlink.net> wrote:I don't know what kind of filter
you have but I have always used a fram
canister style. I was able to make it's inside diameter on the fittings
over 7/16". Because of it being a canister type pressure was no problem.
If you are using a Holley carb, install alcohol needles and seats and
extended pickup tube for the rear barrels. I've used "Performance
Distributors" module and coil from Memphis Tenn. without any problems on my
gas motors. At 14 volts I can spread the spark gap to .050" and with 16
volts I can go to over .070". It's amazing how big I had to go on the jets
to keep up with the volts and gap. But more gas made more power as long as I
burned it...I'm looking forward to someday going back to running that motor
again after we get as far as we can with the nitro. Good luck J.D.