Re: Ignition Puzzle in East Texas Camaro ? ? ? Any ideas???

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ignition Puzzle in East Texas Camaro ? ? ? Any ideas???
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 12:04:05 -0600
JD.... interesting... I ran a performance distributor last weekend.. they
were great folks to deal with when I bought the unit many years ago....  it
was what I ran the first couple of years with the Camaro...  I went to using
it as a pick up for the MSD 6 AL before I went to the 7 AL 2  .... This last
weekend I used it with the pick up conversion to run the spare 7 AL2....

If your not confused yet hang out a while....... basically I was just using
the unit as a mag pick up and then to distribute the spark created by the
MSD...  only issue I had was the centrifugal advance was added to the 20
degree's that the MSD takes out for starting.... giving it an extremely
retarded starting timing set up..... soon as it fired I had very light
spring weights on it so all the timing was in almost instantly.

Anyway it all sorta worked pretty well... except that dang starting timing
which caused the backfire into the air cleaner and the subsequent fire....
Hmmm