what is takes to compete

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: what is takes to compete
From: Bob B <saltracer@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 18:33:14 -0800
I have just come up from the shop and sucked a few coor's. I was giving thought
to what it takes to break a record.  I have been gathering parts for 4 years,
have been building the old camaro for 2 years, been going to speedweek for 4
years.  The commitment land speed guys have to put into this sport is really
super high.  For the most part, it is your hard work with some hard earned
money or buying it with your really hard earned money.  There is probably
100,000's of people that would like to do it but only 1000- per year that have
the commitment to really do it it.  Back to the shop for me.!!!!!