Re: Most Meaningful Records?

To: Malcolm Pittwood <MPittwood@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Most Meaningful Records?
From: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 06:15:35 -0400
They are a business, all motives are financially driven do not fool yourself for
a moment. I am willing to bet if BNI wanted to be the shepherds of international
records and organizers with full inspection qualifications there is a number, I
have no idea what it might be and suspect it to be a big one as well, that is an
appropriate 'membership fee' or other verbiage that will mean the same, payable
to either FIA or ACCUS to make this all happen.

It begs the question what is the fee for FIA to supervise an SCTA/BNI event? I
will start with what I charge to 'supervise' a dyno session and make sure all
the electronics are working correctly. It is $500 per day plus travel and
reasonable expenses. It is the same for track testing as well and is low in the
industry, most charge more. Those days are long as well, most start at 5 am and
end at 8 pm. An example is 2400 to fly in one day, test the car and fly out the
next day with plane ticket motel room rental car and miscellaneous expenses. Is
this more or less that FIA charges?

Dave

Malcolm Pittwood wrote:

> Russell and List

<snip>
> They - the FIA - are supervisors not organisers.

<snip>