RE: hypersonic LSR

To: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>, "Albaugh, Neil"
Subject: RE: hypersonic LSR
From: "Russel Mack" <rtmack@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 02:02:29 -0500
Yeah, Mayf.
I remember reading about the "blown airfoils" that you describe here.  Way
impressive, aeronautically-speaking; makes the wing think it is going a lot
faster than the speed of the plane.  Not obvious to me how we could use it
in LSR, though (except maybe "Turbinator").  Sounds like Neil is talking
about something different, maybe (the "reduce boundary layer" part).

Soon as I can get my search engine to wake-up I'll chase-down that link John
S. gave us, and see if it is something different.
Russ, #1226B