Wendover Motels?

To: "'Land Speed List'" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wendover Motels?
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 12:55:31 -0500
List;

My wife and I would like to attend Speed Week this year for the first time
but we've never been to Wendover and so we're pretty naove about where to
stay, etc. If anyone has any advice , we'd appreciate it.

I checked a few Wendover motels on the Internet and it looks like they're
already booked for Speed Week. I guess they fill up pretty early. Any
suggestions? We probably won't stay for the whole time since our car isn't
finished yet. We'll just be spectators this year.

As an alternative, I thought about flying into Salt Lake City and renting an
RV to drive over to the Salt and camp out in that. Can RVs stay at the
course overnight or is the place cleared out in the evening. If so, perhaps
the RV could park overnight in Wendover somewhere. Has anyone tried doing
this?

I'm looking forward to seeing the course and meeting some of you later this
summer.

Regards, Neil