Re: Team effort

To: <advo@cloudnet.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Team effort
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 12:54:09 -0500
Greg... you have asked LOTS of Very important questions....

First off who's car Was it?.... cause in my opinion that's the fella that
owns what's left...  your going to get your bits and pieces you donated to
the project back...  once everyone has snatched the stuff they put up....
the fella that started this owns it... unless another fella buys him out
with the improvements...

Second HOW in the hell do you keep this big ole group of folks going in a
single direction?  and the answer is.... EVERYONE checks their Ego at the
door... looks to the common good of the project and moves right along with
the program... if one fella has a better idea.... or at least he perceives
it's a better idea he's going to have ownership of the concept... once he's
done that his feelings are dang sure going to get hurt when the Group
doesn't agree... so the only way to prevent hard feelings is to simply state
The Ego issue up front and move on.

Okay now who gets to drive... well here goes the real issue... a lottery
isn't fair cause Everyone has a vested interest... some more then others...
my suggestion is to keep rough track of the hours involved and let the
fella's with the most hours drive.... unless again the car really is One
persons.... then he gets to drive first and the others follow...

I've been down this road with my best friend and about lost that friendship
because we had different ideas about how to race a car.... in my case it was
my car my money and I got to pick.... but still he had ownership of much of
the cars idea's and concepts.... so we shared equally for several years
until I decided we were going to work on one driver at a time... and that
kinda stunk for him.... because he's worked hard on the project but didn't
get to drive it until I had a red hat....  Long and the short of it we
worked it out... and he has moved up north... but it was a VERY trying
situation and extremely tense for both he and I,  as well as our close
friends....

Trust me... Racing a car is just Stuff.... Real friends last a life time....
you pick which is important to you and how much your going to dedicate to
keeping that friendship.

Keith ( opinions expressed are like Onions... oh and Garlic )( they
sometimes stink but damn they tasted awesome to the fella eating them )