Ain't Life Grand non-lsr

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ain't Life Grand non-lsr
From: "Bill Bennett" <bennevl@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 19:07:43 -0400
I am so overjoyed  I had to share this with everyone. Just received a long
letter and an Invitation in the mail yesterday from my son who I haven't
seen or heard from in 6 years. Longer story there. I am leaving out tomorrow
afternoon for Nashville to go see his high school graduation  and spend some
time with him. He turned 18 last week and demanded he wanted me to join his
special day. He has done wonderful for a kid in his place. For the last 3
years he has been in high school ROTC and on June 10th he leaves out for
Fort Sill OK and then on to some place in Texas to finish his basic
training. Once he finishes his basic training he returns home as a National
Guardsman. He recently received his Eagle Scout award, something he worked
very hard for. He has already enrolled at the University of  TN to pursue an
Engineering degree. I am so overwhelmed to see a kid his age with so much
will power and determination. To make this somewhat LSR related we talked
several hours last night on the phone and he wants to either come to Maxton
or Bonneville this year, depending on the timing. He was amazed to hear
about a bunch of crazy ol guys as he put it. Maybe some of his determination
will rub off on me.

Bill