Re: Race car wiring

To: "Richard Fox" <v4gr@rcn.com>, "Dave Dahlgren" <ddahlgren@snet.net>,
Subject: Re: Race car wiring
From: "Bill Bennett" <bennevl@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 18:47:48 -0400
Not including you in this Rich, but your reply reminded me of what is
typical. Why do guys who spend large bucks on their race car try to cheapen
the electrics. Simply cause they don't understand what they can't see. Cheap
just means a perfect opportunity for unreliable non predictable results from
your electrical system. Guess what no electrical system no run!!! Shame to
spend so much money to build a race car, then get to the line and have cheap
ass switch fail and no start. Or the reason it sputters at 7 grand, the
ignition can't get enough voltage because you went one size too small on the
wire. How about this it, surges or falls on its nose when you hit the
nitrous cause of a nice relay you found somewhere surplus that looked great
was chattering. Worse of all how about picking up what few pieces of your
race car, house, or your shop cause it burnt to ground. You felt like it
really didn't need to have the best electrical system cause you didn't see
it coming. Why is it people will continue to spend mega bucks for the latest
and greatest high tech speed part, but when it comes to safety or electrical
equipment they bitch and moan about a few bucks.
Bill