Re: Pressurizing water systems?

To: LSR list <land-speed@autox.team.net>, Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>
Subject: Re: Pressurizing water systems?
From: Chris Harris <yesford@clear.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 10:05:42 +1200
Keith,
In our Gas/Roadster we have a 25 gal coolant tank with an electric water pump
switched by a temp sender in the head. Pump on at 90c off at 85c. The tank is
reinforced by welding inch dia tubes through it vertically and horizontally.
Has an air fitting that we pre start pressurize till the 15 lb cap blows off
then we start. Seems to work great and follows the KISS principle.

Chris Harris ..........................NZed.

  Just curious how many of you are running Non Pressurized water systems...

  The Rodeck has a bit of a different water flow system and it's designed to
  operate under a high Pressure Cap.... we're worried about trying to run
this
  thing without the aid of that pressure so with the Modified sports car I'm
  having to look at options which include running a radiator with some kind
of
  support by a non pressurized water tank...

  Just curious what everyone else is doing...

  Thanks
  Keith