Re: Pressurizing water systems?

To: kturk@ala.net (Keith Turk), land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Pressurizing water systems?
From: ardunbill@webtv.net
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 20:22:13 -0400 (EDT)
Keith, my Ardun's cooling system is non-pressurized and certainly for
Maxton there is no need for pressurized.  My blower engine will be set
up though with only 1/2" or so outlets on each cylinder head, the two
hoses thence up to a thermostat housing, and I think that the small
outlets will have some beneficial effect in pressurizing the water in
the heads which reduces steam pockets and improves heat transfer.  I
have a small 12v marine pump of only 15 gpm now and it has been more
than enough.  I realize that unlike some of the other Ardun fellas, I
haven't made enough hp yet to get into any kind of cooling challenge!
My problem so far has been getting heat INTO the engine.  Bill