RE: rule changes

To: "lone eagle" <eaglemot@bellsouth.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: rule changes
From: "Russel Mack" <rtmack@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 00:00:11 -0500
Dad:
your front fender looks great-- both from an aero viewpoint and from an
"artistic" viewpoint.  Although I am not a rules expert (as an Inspector,
you have much more expertise than I do) I do remember looking at your fender
from a (2001) rules perspective, and I didn't see a violation-- it just
looked to me like you used all the "room" that the rules allow.

I think it would be hard to say whether that fender is contributing to
instability. Since there is so much about the rest of your Sportster that
ADDS stability, it would likely offset any problem that the front fender
might cause.  (I'm talking about the long "trail" on the front fork, the
very low cg, the extended wheelbase, the forward weight bias, the riding
position, etc.)

If we wanted to know whether that kind of a fender contributes to
instability, we need to bolt it onto a squirrelly little riceburner-- like
mine! (LoL)
Russ, #1226B