RE: Water injection - stuff

To: <ardunbill@webtv.net>, "Waldron, James" <James.Waldron@CWUSA.COM>,
Subject: RE: Water injection - stuff
From: "Russel Mack" <rtmack@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 07:33:31 -0500
Bill, Jim, List:
I remember that some ww2 airplanes used the water/alcohol injection, but
can't remember which ones (I did remember about the Wasp Majors injecting
water into the turbos).

Some airplane of that era used a dilute H2O2 (hydrogen peroxide) injection,
also.  Maybe it was only in the Thompson Trophy racers (converted fighters)
right after the war.  Hmmmm-- maybe Skip will remember (LoL).

Seriously-- Skip was once a crewchief for a Thompson Trophy racer-- but I
think it was just a little LATER!

BTW-- the first use I know of for N2O2 in a piston engine was in a Focke
Wulf high altitude fighter plane (not the well known FW radial-engined
fighter-- was that a FW-190--??  seems right.)
Russ, #1226B