RE: Water injection - stuff

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Water injection - stuff
From: "Waldron, James" <James.Waldron@CWUSA.COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 09:35:13 -0400
>good way to steamclean the cylinders. jack

Aircraft engines are build to very loose tolerances (new piston to cylinder
clearances on an aircraft engine are what we would consider worn out for
automotive purposes).  As a result, there is rarely a problem with cylinder
wall oiling - but more often problems with oil consumption, or just plain oil
leakage.

I believe that you are correct that 'steam cleaning' might be an issue in a
tighter automotive engine.  Definitely something to consider.

Thanks,
Jim W.