Re: Next Phase of Painting the Wannabie...

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Next Phase of Painting the Wannabie...
From: "atrav" <atravis@spacey.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 14:51:30 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: "gary baker" <lsr350@hotmail.com>
 , build up the colour coats over a series of
> layers  do NOT try to place to much paint on in one go  or you will get sags
> and runs  mix the paint to the correct ratio as recomended by the paint
> manufacturer  ( remember that practice and paintence is required by a
> painter  )

I use one of those little oven timers to make me wait between coats. I get so
excited to actually be
in the painting stage of a project that I can't wait long enough between coats.
Also, I like to put some scrap panel next to the car to be painted, when you
first start the paint
gun, squirt that scrap panel to see if everything is working OK. With my gun
the first squirt can be
a little drippy, so better on the scrap than the car. Plus, when you want to
touch the paint to see
how dry or tacky it is, you can do that on the scrap panel.
-Aron-