FW: SSS LSR finally says something!

To: "Land Speed List" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: SSS LSR finally says something!
From: "Jon Wennerberg" <jonw@up.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2003 11:40:06 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: Jon Wennerberg [mailto:jonw@up.net]
Sent: Sunday, July 06, 2003 10:45 AM
To: Land Speed List
Subject: SSS LSR finally says something!

Well, well, where do I start?

By saying thanks to everyone for helping Nancy, her daughter Chelsea, and me
have such a good time at the B'ville Tuneup edition of The Maxton Monster
Mile, that's where.  We had a blast - I took two records (one on Nancy's
bike, one on mine), Nancy earned three records, and Thomas Cronan rode the
EX250 for one.  The team has finally had a record-setting weekend, if you
will.

Lotsa stories to tell about the ZX12R - like how it just won't go faster
than 195 on gas, no matter how I try to tuck all 6' 4.5" (that's 1943 mm for
those of you on the metric side of the world) onto the bike.  Like how I
made two passes with the bottle on the bike - one with the valve shut off
(pretending, but dammit, ya gotta learn when to press, when to let up and
get outta the throttle to shift, etc), and one spraying the N2O into the
airbox for real.

I humbly admit it was my first ever ride using nitrous.  I gleefully
remember the huge-ass smile on my face inside the helmet when I for the
first time felt the push from the sprayed engine.  I thankfully recall
seeing the tach climb past the 10,800 that it never passed in sixth gear
before, headed towards about 11,700 as I went through the timing traps.
Finally!!!!

(snip)  more to come

Jon