FW: SSS LSR finally says something!

To: "Land Speed List" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: SSS LSR finally says something!
From: "Jon Wennerberg" <jonw@up.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2003 11:40:08 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: Jon Wennerberg [mailto:jonw@up.net]
Sent: Sunday, July 06, 2003 10:45 AM
To: Land Speed List
Subject: SSS LSR finally says something!

Part 2

You know, we save all the timing slips -- but the darned slip from that
record run disappeared so I can't have Dana post it on the website!  Worse
still is my fear that Deb the ECTA computer guru won't have the data.  If
memory serves, the times were absolutely identical - down to all five
digits.  It was something like 203.45204mph / 203.45204 mph.  'Course that
implies I was done gaing speed, and that doesn't bode well for trying to run
a 225 at Speedweek (new 2Club minimum in my class).  Yeah, I might be able
to get the M/PS/F 1350 record away from Jim Owen's 202.656, but he ran a
209+ at Maxton last week, getting him one of them spiffy green hats
(corngrats, JIM & #519 bike), so I might be lucky enough to hold the record
for a whole month -- he won't hit the Salt until World of Speed.  Maybe I
can run a 205 in naked (bike) class - hell of a breeze with no fairing, but
oughta make for a good story.

And you shoulda seen Wayne Pollock's 236 or so pass!  But that's his story
to tell.  As is Brett Yates' first run in the 849 car.  Let's just say that
I followed his run and stopped to shoot the breeze with him on the return
road.  I think his words were "I musta wrecked two or three times in that
run".  (He did QUITE a bit of steering, that's for sure).  He and Regan are
gonna be at SpeedWeek - make sure you meet them.

Todd and Dah Murf were kind enough to let us pit next to them.  Casa Cronan
kept us fed and entertained.  The PA system worked (finally), and thanks to
all that did time talking into the microphone - Brett Yates was - well, umn,
Brett Yates, that's what he was.  A highlight of his turn at the mike was
him giving Lionel's dog some time howling at us all.

(snip) still more to come

Jon