Re: Bonneville Request

To: DrMayf <drmayf@teknett.com>
Subject: Re: Bonneville Request
From: Tom Shannon <saltfevr@xmission.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 20:35:26 -0600
Quoting DrMayf <drmayf@teknett.com>:

> As part of my trip this year, spectating and goofing off, I will be
> attempting to determine the coefficient of static friction between tire
> rubber and the salt. I plan on doing this several times a day and
> several
> times at each time. Two of the data items I do not have a handle on is
> uncorrected barometric pressure, humidity, and of course temperature. I
> have
> been trying unseuccessfully to find one of those old timey weather
> stations
> that had temp, baro, and relative humidity on them. If anyone is coming
> bville and has one that I could borrow for a day or 2 while I am there,
> would appreciate it. Or if you have a good digital thermometer or
> absolute
> pressure gage with a range of 0 to say 15 to 20 psia or a hygrometer I
> would
> appreciate the loan.

Mayf:
SCTA has a wonderful stand alone weather station from
http://www.davisnet.com   Davis Instruments from Harward,CA. Its the
wireless model I believe called the "Vantage Pro" I'm sure Glen would let
you get readings several times a day. Its placed right near his "Mobile
Estates" timing trailer. Just don't drive over his timing wire!LOL Good
Luck Mayf, hope to see 'ya on the salt. And bring the entire Pahrump
cheering section along,that means you too Dale!
Tom Shannon
Magna, UT