RE: Fire Bottle Plumbing Question

To: "'DrMayf'" <drmayf@teknett.com>,
Subject: RE: Fire Bottle Plumbing Question
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 18:58:10 -0500
Mayf;

I'd recommend you stay away from copper tubing. Although it is easy to bend,
it work-hardens and it also has very poor fatigue characteristics. Vibration
will cause cracks in copper tubing far sooner than aluminum or steel.
Another consideration is the dissimilar metals problem. Corrosion is
minimized when aluminum tubing is used with those nice blue-anodized AN
fittings. Brass fittings are appropriate for copper tubing.

Regards, Neil     Tucson, AZ