RE: Easier to read guages?

To: "Dave Dahlgren" <ddahlgren@snet.net>,
Subject: RE: Easier to read guages?
From: "Russel Mack" <rtmack@concentric.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 13:14:20 -0500
Bob:
roadsters should have a similar exposure to the Bonneville sun as do
sportbikes.  Sportbike manufacturers go to great lengths to solve all of the
"ergo" problems, including gauge visibility.

I am a confessed data junkie; I gotta know the numbers.  Although I would
prefer to have the datalogger all hooked-up-- I have so far had to rely on
the gauges on the Suzuki.  No trouble at all keeping constant watch on the
tach, and glancing occasionally at the speedo and the water temp.

All very readable-- at speed-- in the bright sunlight-- w/o reading glasses,
or sunglasses.  And my eyes are 58 years old.

You should look at sportbike gauges to get an idea of what works well under
those conditions.
Russ, #1226B