New Toy in the Box

To: Land-Speed <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: New Toy in the Box
From: Jim Webb <jimwebb@nutsracing.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 20:31:07 -0500
After a whirlwind trip from south Texas to Kansas, there is a new project in
the Nuts garage. I struck a deal with John Goodman and now am the proud
daddy of a NE/GL (that's a no-engine gas lakester). The car itself (along
with John) holds the G/GL and G/FL records.

Of course no good thing comes without some caveats...
My dear wife says the Big Red Truck needs to go 200 before I can get serious
about the lakester. Hmmm all motor parts kinda look alike to her... She was
recently heard saying something about a second childhood. I like to think it
is a continuation of a misspent youth.

Anyway, it looks like a busy off-season shaping up. A rat motor to rebuild,
a new transmission to put in the truck, a lakester to build a drivetrain
for, a trailer to rehab, etc.

Oh yeah, it IS a front steer car... <grin>

Jim Webb
jimwebb@nutsracing.com
Chock Full o' Nuts
#527 A/PP 193.402 2002