Re: Salt X - SaltAway

To: "Dick J" <lsr_man@yahoo.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Salt X - SaltAway
From: "Glen Barrett" <speedtimer@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 07:12:06 -0700
Dick
I use the salt-x  2% with one gal of water for all of the under side. I use
a mixture of 1 Qt of oil and paint thinner on all of the suspension parts
etc. When I get home I do a good fresh water rinse  then go to the local car
wash and do a under carrage soap and high pressure rinse. The next couple of
days I do another rinse and believe me I find salt that seems to grow under
there at night. Usually about 4 good rinses the first week when I get home.
When it's dry I sprey another coat of salt x on the bare metal stuff. Also
will need to do some paint touch up on the drive shaft and rear end assy.
It's a lot of work but it has to be done. I also under seal the body to
frame bolts as they seem to catch a lot of salt.
Glen