RE: More newbie questions

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: More newbie questions
From: "Russel Mack" <rtmack@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 18:24:27 -0500
Ray:
surely what Glen told you was right (about the 126 car)-- he knows an awful
lot about a big percentage of the competitors.

Skip:
yeah, Gary's car seems red to me, too-- but my "red" might be some people's
"purple"!  And 326 is a lot like 126-- easy number change for class change,
I thought maybe.

When I was working for you in 2001, I mentioned the idea of using pnuematic
"sweepers" to get to solid salt.  You mentioned someone who had his pipes
that way-- and I have beeen thinking it was Gary (I hadn't yet met him at
that time).  We were also talking about turbos at the time-- but maybe the
turbo part had nothing to do with Gary-- just my old brain massaged it all
into one memory allocation!

Thanks for the corrections.

Kinda wierd that two similar cars have this very unusual exhaust layout--
but I guess in both cases it probably has something to do with the Monza
structural problem.

Neat to know that Mike made a fast run in it.  I've only known him to work
"crew" previously.  Neat to know it ran straight-- and Rose, also.  Got the
sense that the Salt wasn't really great for WF.
Russ, #1226B