Re: roll center

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: roll center
From: John Goodman <ggl205@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 14:28:55 -0700 (PDT)
Swing axles are not my favorite IRS. Simply impossible
to control camber changes. This is especially true
when these swing axles move to positive camber (as
with the car unloading after hitting a bump). Only way
to counter this is with limiters to axle movement.
Some sophistication has been reached with Formula Vee
cars using swing axles. They use a "zero roll" setup
that has dampened droop limitation built in. If you
must use swing axle IRS, zero roll is the way to go.

John Goodman