RE: Running Weight Measurement

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Running Weight Measurement
From: "Landspeed Louise Ann Noeth" <landspeedlouise@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 13:20:52 -0800
Russ rote: Breedloves problem with his rear wheel struts.

Please note the struts did not solve anything, rather the design and angle
of attack contributed lifting the rear end and making it dance about -- it
reminded me of what the early 80 Corvettes would do when scooting over
railroad tracks of finding a few bumps in the road.

At best he had low achieving air foils.

In my opinion Breedlove was always good for dreaming up great concepts and
drawing bitchin' looking rides, but without the help of skilled engineers
(Lockheed's Walt Sheehan in particular) he would never have set any world
records; he's had the courage and skill to drive 'em, but the genius of
building a runner was invested in others. When Walt left the SOA project in
1996, the engineering derailed and the car never worked well after that. Not
even Britain's talented John Ackroyd could get things sorted out --
especially coming in at the backside of the build when R&D money was but
exhausted. Pity too, SOA was America's best chance to set a WLSR and now it
is nothing more than a missed opportunity.

I have been told Breedlove has sold all his promotional merchandise and
spends more time with his new young wife down in Mexico, leaving the car to
languish in (I'm guessing) the Rio Vista shop.

Speedy Regards,

"LandSpeed" Louise Ann Noeth
LandSpeed Productions
"Telling stories with words and pictures"

www.landspeedproductions.biz

This e-mail including any files attached is intended for the addressee only.
It may contain confidential, proprietary or trade secret confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, copy
or distribute this message. If you have received this communication in
error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and delete the original
message. Thank you for your cooperation.