Re: Fire Extinguishers

To: "Waldron, James" <James.Waldron@CWUSA.COM>,
Subject: Re: Fire Extinguishers
From: "Glen Barrett" <speedtimer@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 09:12:36 -0800
List

I don't think I would drive any enclosed vehicle without a helmet breather
system.  Last year when Dave Casteel had the fire in the Geo Fields Comp
coupe he was smoked in pretty bad. The toxic stuff we don't even think about
can cause problems we don't want. Dave was taken in and checked out. He was
OK but the helmet hose failed. Not sure if it was the hose furnished with
the air pump or not. Just remember it's a long way on the salt to chase down
speeding vehicles and give them the assistance they might need. Protect
yourself first. The rule book is pretty clear on the safety items required
but if in doubt call someone on the committee listed in the rule book. Thats
why they are listed. Better yet e-mail and that way there is a paper trail
for follow up, not 2nd or 3rd party answers.

Glen