Re: Fire Extinguishers

To: Land-speed List <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fire Extinguishers
From: Sparky <wmtsmith@landracing.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 17:06:54 -0600
List,
I bought 2 of the 8 1/3 systems from Joe.--when I went to install it---the only
directions were a 1-800 number---the tech on the other end asked a lot of
questions about my car---then told me how to place the nozzles for best
results--in my case I put two nozzles in the drivers compartment and 4 in my
eng compartment very pleased with the counsel--I got from Joe and from FIREFOX
wmts

> From: Joe Timney <joetimney@dol.net>
> Date: 2003/11/05 Wed AM 10:07:47 CST
> To: Land-speed List <land-speed@autox.team.net>
> Subject: Fire Extinguishers
>
> My take on Extinguishers:
>
> I used to sell Coldfire and Firebottle brands of extinguishers. Because
> of deliver problems from Coldfire, I approached the FIREFOX people at
> the PRI show at Indy last year and got the education of a lifetime.
>
>                                          FIREFOX System
>
> ODB system ( Omnidirectional Discharge Bladder) separates the
> extinguishing agent from the cylinder's discharge pressure ( Nitrogen)
> and as a result delivers 100% extinguishing agent to the fire. A 10#
> bottle will OUTPERFORM any other 10# system!!!
>
> The Foam will not freeze.
>
> System comes with Stainless Steel Lines and all required fitting and
> clamps.
>
> Options are Billet brackets for under $30 each.
>
> Refills are $90 for a 5# and $125 for a 10#
>
> Systems are available in 2 1/2, 5, 6 1/2, 8 1/3 and 10 pound size. They
> even have an 11 1/2 system that includes 5 lbs with a thermostat trigger
> and a 6 1/2 lb manual bottle ( perfect for a lakester rear engine
> configuration).
>
> FIREFOX WILL DROP SHIP!!! That savers YOU money!!!
>
> I have seen with my own eyes the rep using a blow torch running it up
> and down his arm that was coated with Gemfoam...the hairs did not
> shinge!
>
>                                      Coldfire System
>
> Soapy Water in an aluminum bottle that will corrode in time and may
> cause a clogged nozzle when discharged.
>
> Soapy Water freezes.
>
> System comes with nozzles and a hose clamp!?!?
>
> Lines are extra!!!
>

> I don't care who's system you use, you need to understand how the system
> works...nozzles on these two systems should not be aimed at the face of
> the driver but toward the place you are trying to cool off. Call the
> manufacturer and get instructions if you do not understand...IT MAY BE
> YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!
>
> joe

  "Sparky"
Lakester 2211