RE: Fire Extinguishers

To: "'Ray Buck'" <rbuck@aros.net>,
Subject: RE: Fire Extinguishers
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 12:46:51 -0600
Ray;

Thanks for that link, I just finished reading it. Very interesting
information contained in this report.

It looks like FIC-1311 is the best alternative to Halon 1301 but nothing is
completely effective in all cases. There are also disadvantages to every
system; i.e., there is no universal "best" method of extinguishing a fire.

My basis for a choice of fire extinguishing agent isn't necessarily the same
as those used by the authors of this report. If my car were on fire with me
in it, Ozone Depletion would not be a great concern to me at that time!

Regards, Neil    Tucson, AZ