RE: Tires

To: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>,
Subject: RE: Tires
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 09:34:14 -0800 (PST)
Neil,
I had read all of that too, and figured Goodyear Frontrunners were a no-no, and
sold the ones I had.  Then I got to Bonneville (running different tires) and
found a whole slew of some very fast cars running Frontrunners both front and
rear.  I talked to the owners and verified that they were in fact, drag racing
front runners and not LSR tires.  These guys had been running these tires well
into the 200s for years and had never had a bit of bad luck.  One had even
tried some other tires earlier in the day, and switched back - - he earned his
red hat at that meet too - - on four of those drag racing front runners.  Like
you, I figured - - - you can't argue with success. Having run at Maxton quite a
few times, I think the beating there might be a little much for those tires,
especially on the rear, so I have "V" and "Z" tires for Maxton, but I think I
will be running four Frontrunners at Bonneville.

DIck J in East Texas

"Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com> wrote:
John;

My impression is that Goodyear Frontrunners were designed for drag racing
chassis that have very little weight on the front end. Also, they were
designed to run at high speed for only a few seconds at a time.

I guess I can't argue with success, but they sure don't sound like a good
choice for many applications.

Regards, Neil Tucson, AZ