Re: Tires

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tires
From: "greg" <advo@cloudnet.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 13:41:31 -0600 (Central Standard Time)
From: greg
Date: Monday, November 10, 2003 01:37:09 PM

We just purchased four new LSR frontrunners.  The way I understand it, the
sidewalls are thicker (and the tire is heavier).  This somehow compensates
for sustained higher temps reached when running longer than 13 seconds.  I
suppose that the drag frontrunners would be fine in lighter vehicles without
excessive downforces and other stresses raising tire temps. The size of the
contact patch in relation to the vehicle weight  would probably change the
temp.  Off the line friction on a tire made to simply hold up the front of a
car would probably bring temp up, so one's driving practices off the line
would contribute to the equation?   At speedweek, I talked to two racers
with 53' Studes and v-8s , both with frontrunners, one car weighed 3000#,
the other 5000#....
 Greg

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of
IMSTP.gif]