Re: Tires

To: "List Land Speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tires
From: "Ken Smith" <ksmith6@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 18:44:57 -0700
They use the same molds, that is why the LSR tires have "Frontrunner" molded
into the side wall. The only way to tell them apart is by the part number
that is molded into the sidewall. It is on "tag" that they attach to the
mold before making the tire.  For example, the 28.0-4.5"x15" Drag race
Frontrunner has "3704" molded into the sidewall. The same size LSR tire has
"2031" molded in the sidewall. Other than that, they are visually the same,
but the LSR tire has more cord and and other go fast stuff in it. Some folks
just see the "frontrunner" name on it and assume it is the cheaper drag
tire.

Ken Smith
#626 Roadster