Re: Racing on the Highway

To: albaugh_neil@ti.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Racing on the Highway
From: docb8532@aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 12:26:27 EST
In a message dated 11/26/03 11:44:25 AM Eastern Standard Time,
albaugh_neil@ti.com writes:
Even if I do get a chance to drive "The Tail of the Dragon", it will
probably be in a boring, sedate rental car; those Banzai runs through the WV
mountains were in the late '60s back when I was much younger and single.

These days I'd probably be too "skeered" to try those again!
i agree neil...... we don't run these back roads flat out...close mabe, but
with all the deer and other fur bearing animals, not to mention the 10mph
tobacco wagons, you just can't drive any faster than you can stop.  going
around
some of these blind curves you can't see the apex from the entry point let
alone
see the exit. "skeered" is a good word but wise might be a better choice.
doc