Re: Plymouth Motorcycle at Bville in 1935!

To: W S Potter <wester6935@comcast.net>, <Want1937hd@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Plymouth Motorcycle at Bville in 1935!
From: "todd" <todd@twinjugs.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 16:37:31 -0500
> The tires shown on the bike in the second photo appear to be
> Firestone Bonneville tires which date to the late 50's.  I've never
> run across a mention of this attempt in my research but I'll make
> some calls and find out what I can.
> Wes

Thank you Wes.. I'd like any info possible(i've got about a dozen questions
about some of things on the bike I wish I could ask Fred Luther).
Tires intrigue me as well(and the wheels, drive, steering, skids, frame,
cooling, handling, etc. lol), they look like direct repops of the originals
and I like the dimensions of them for a bike that size(center of gravity
would seem really slammed down low for having an oil pan under it because of
the high axles).
Kinda odd to make that effort though as that was around the time Joe Petralli
did the fastest 61"(1000cc) speed in Daytona at 136mph on his Harley, which
was over 75hp and only weighed around 450lbs.
Todd-