Re: MC Rules (changes for land speed racers)

To: "todd" <todd@twinjugs.com>
Subject: Re: MC Rules (changes for land speed racers)
From: Jon Wennerberg <jonw@up.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 12:12:35 -0500
Are we talking about: #1 the "perforated" leather - chest, etc - for
ventilation and comfort concerns, or are we talking about (and this is
what I had in mind): #2 the "fabric" that's in the back of the knee
area and perhaps in the armpit or maybe in the crotch for the sake of
more flexibility in those areas?

My 6-year-old Z leathers have the fabric stuff in the "knee-pit",
perforated leather in the armpit, and nothing (save maybe some
crotch-rot) but solid leather in the crotchal area.

And if #2 is what's under discussion, will the new rule forbid ANY
fabric-type material, even if the ""fabric" is Kevlar?  That's what I
wanna know, and if Kevlar is okay, will we have to have a note from the
Mfr proving that it's kevlar?

Jon