Re: Traction Control

To: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Traction Control
From: "Ron Gibson" <rgg14@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 08:53:50 -0600
Keith
  To begin with I agree with Dave that they should be legal as a safety
item.
Then does that mean that if you get better tires, the salt is great, you get
your chassis balanced better,etc. etc. and your next pass you don't get any
wheel spin then you must be cheating and using (torque) control. Really gets
complicated doesn't it?
  I guess I don't understand how if something that could cost a couple
hundred bucks (thats if you don't have to hide it. per Dave) that can save
a$10,000+++ engine, $900 tires, $???????? car or a $0.98 life (thats what
they said the human body was worth when I was in school) is considered so
expensive that it is an unfair advantage.
  Using that logic, or lack of, then they should go back to carbs or
constant flow injection. no data aquisition systems, racing
transmissions,turbo chargers, electronic ignition, aftermarket blocks and
heads, etc. Those are all expensive and can't be afforded by all so those
that do have an advantage. Or better yet, pick a date in history,say 1955
and every thing that is designed after that date shall be illegal.
   Maybe limit everyone to only one event per year. Those that can afford to
go to several meets a year have a tuning edge over those that can't afford
to.
  Really gets absurd after a while doesn't it? Show absurdity with
absurdity.
  I guess I'm done ranting for now as I don't even have a horse in this
race. Just an old stable hand.

Ron Gibson, Omaha NE

> If anyone ever questioned me about this on what we are doing... I'd simply
> show them the wheel speed sensor information from that last pass....
First