Re: Traction control

To: kturk@ala.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Traction control
From: "Glenn Ridlen" <glennr7@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 08:18:29 -0600
I assume this is a rule has been on the books for a long time. Maybe at the
time it was written the readily available and relitively cheap technoligy
that we have now was not availably. Maybe back then some guys were trying to
do it in ways that didn't seem safe. Several rules didn't make sense to me
when I first read them. The requirement for huge gussets on roll cages for
instance. You don't see them on NASCAR cages and they make some pretty darn
good ones. My guess is the rule makers think some of us amatures can't weld
very good. Noboby want's to admit it but they are probably right. The big
gusset adds some insurance that the tech inspector can readily see with the
naked eye. There certianly isn't time in tech to get into things like
xraying welds. It makes his job a little easier (still not an easy job),
adds a measure of safety, not that hard to do and everybody is happy. You
won't hear a peep out of me.....think their ugly but....oh shut up glenn!
On the otherhand the traction control rule makes the inspectors job
harder...according to Dave impossible and I don't see the safety angle. Like
you Keith....still scratching my head on this one.

              Enough rambling....Glenn
>From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
>I've tried to get my mind around to why the SCTA would limit this... and
>I'm
>totally lost.

Our best dial-up offer is back.  Get MSN Dial-up Internet Service for 6
months @ $9.95/month now! http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup