Re: WORLD RECORDS

To: Landspeed Louise Ann Noeth <landspeedlouise@adelphia.net>
Subject: Re: WORLD RECORDS
From: Bryan Savage <basavage@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 01:18:52 -0800
Louise I'm sorry I didn't make myself clearer. Let me try to correct myself.
"If anyone challenges you, ask to see their certificate"
What I mean by that is if they can show you an FIA certificate, fine. I
don't see how that
statement disparages anyone including Howard and I.

"If they say FIA,
challenge them to prove that the incomplete, typo ridden FIA database
is correct."
Once again Louise, I don't see how that disparages anyone who set a
record, only the
FIA's sub-amateur record keeping which, as you have indicated, has taken
years to get
anyone at FIA interested in correcting -- even when they don't do the
hard work you are doing.
If I wanted to prove to someone that Howard and I had the Category A -
Group I - Class 5
record, I would never refer to anything except the Certificate of Record
that I have.

You said:
"Just because the website list is incomplete and has errors........."
That fact shows how little respect the FIA has for:
"the accomplishments of those racers who strove for records".

I'm not trying to "diminish one iota the accomplishments of those racers
who strove for
records at the highest level available to them at the time.". The FIA
has done this for
years.
I know, I'm one of them.

Bryan Savage