Re: Spoliers vs. vents

To: Dan Warner <dwarner@electrorent.com>,
Subject: Re: Spoliers vs. vents
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 12:04:11 -0800 (PST)
Dan Warner <dwarner@electrorent.com> wrote: ... ... I don't want to stifle
experimentation but, it is very hard to argue against the lessons learned over
50 years of salt flat racing.

Exactly why I ask these questions, Dan.  I'm old enough to have made enough of
my own mistakes.  Why go around making the same mistakes that others have
already made.  I catalog all of the answers I get to these questions and then
print them out and put them in my "build book"  which has sections starting
with each requirement in the rules for my car.  Then, as I build the car, I
step by step make every modification required by the rules - - or allowed by
the rules, and I make them the way somebody else has already tested and proven.

Thanks to everybody for all the input on this item.

Dick J
In East Texas