Re: How safe is this?

To: Jim Waldron <jwaldron47@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: How safe is this?
From: Jon Wennerberg <jonw@up.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 08:59:57 -0500
I can only speak authoritatively to the insurance question.  A year or
two ago my life insurance agent called to say he needed to visit me -
to get some data for a form the ins. co. (Mutual of Podunk, I think it
was) had sent to him about me. I have to assume the ins. co. found out
about my racing by Google-ing my name -- the agent swears he didn't
tell them anything.  (By the way, try putting your name in Google and
see what comes up).

Anyway, the form asked where I race, what sanctioning bodies are
involved, what training I had taken, and other stuff of that ilk.  The
form then was submitted, and the ins. co. responded with a rider on my
policy that says I'm covered even if I should meet my maker while land
speed racing - and the increase in premium was ONLY 50%.

So I'm paying a buck-and-a-half where I used to pay a dollar, but I'm
absolutely covered no questions asked no long delay in getting the
settlement to my heirs should I perish while racing.

You can be your own judge of whether you should ask the agent about
racing or hope that you've got coverage -- or maybe you could ask your
attorney to discreetly inquire of the ins. co. to see what exclusions
might bite you in the hind-end if you should have a life-ending
incident.  I'm covered, and that brings peace of mind to my wife and
other heirs.

Jon
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
Marquette, Michigan, where it's all of 0F this morning and no snow has
fallen since yesterday.