Re: How safe is this?

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: How safe is this?
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 07:33:40 -0800
Jon,

Insurance companies us statistical information to calculate their rates.
Unfortunately, they lump our sport right in there with all the rest of
the auto racing. Actually, there are likely more fatalities in golf than
in our sport. I would check with various companies and see what they
say. I think that an agent can have some sway on this as well.

There was a time when I also had a rider on my life insurance. At the
time I ran the lakes five times yearly (by far more dangerous than
Bonneville and our statistics reveal that) and Bonneville once a year. I
was rated! My neighbor drove to downtown Los Angeles and back each day
(26 miles each way on the Santa Ana Freeway) he was not rated. I
discussed this with my agent, but it made no impression.

Today, I am not rated. I have had this policy, Pacific Life, for twenty
plus years and racing has not been an issue.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/CC