Re: How safe is this?

To: "Jim Waldron" <jwaldron47@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: How safe is this?
From: pork.pie@t-online.de (Pork Pie)
Date: 23 Jan 2004 22:20 GMT
Jim,

you live much more dangerous during the peak hour in LA, than at the Bonneville
Salt Flats.

in 2003 there were nearly 3300 run during Speedweek, Wolrd of Speed and World
Final, with one heavy accident - Seth Hammond - and there you can nearly say -
and he walked away. The only fatal accident for a long time at Bonneville was
Nolan White's accident in October 2002 - and we know that this was not a real
race accident, this was saving money on the wrong place when he done his own
parachute "buildings".

A today racer at the salt is much safer as any car on the normal public road,
therefore we have the rule book and the stewards in the inpection.

Otherwise, how much hour your are in a car, before you got - by statistics - an
accident and how much minutes you are in a race car at Bonneville.

See ya

Pork Pie