RE: Tools....

To: "'Dave Dahlgren'" <ddahlgren@snet.net>, Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>,
Subject: RE: Tools....
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 16:14:25 -0600
Dave;

Amen to those drills! I thought about putting those on my list but I didn't.

There are bargains to be had on eBay; look for packages of new high-speed or
cobalt drills in rivet sizes #10, #20, #30, #40, and bolt sizes 3/16", 1/4",
5/16", 3/8", 7/16", and 1/2". Aircraft drills are the best types for sheet
metal; they are made with split-points (they start easily without wobbling
all over the surface) and they can be found in short sizes of about 2" long
up to 12" long.

I've bought many packages of 12 new Greenfield (and other US-made brand such
as Cleveland) drills for bargain prices. I've found that buying drill kits
leave me with only a few sizes that I actually use so now I buy only the
sizes I need. They are so cheap on the surplus market that it isn't worth
the trouble of re-sharpening the smaller sizes-- I just throw them away.

Regards, Neil    Tucson, AZ