Re: Hey Doug King...

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hey Doug King...
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 18:35:23 EST
In a message dated 2/3/2004 12:29:22 PM Pacific Standard Time,
speedtimer@charter.net writes:

> Doug
> It has been a while since we heard from the old airplane driver, how you
> been, jump in there and update us, be sure that you send one in hick text so
> that bottom sucking swamp thing in Alabama understands what you say. He is
> doing better since that pretty lady from Virginia show up.

Glen,
    We were all trailered and ready to go to El Mirage in November when the
rains came. Brian and I both had double Patrol duty for the weekend but had
crew members that were ready and willing to "man" the patrol station(s) when we
made a run.
    We had pulled the blown Ardun out of the modified roadster and ran it in
the Dragmaster Dart Replica at the Palmdale Antique Nationals last June, then
installed the backup NA Ardun in King$ Ran$om for November. Oh well, we're
ready for 2004 now.
    Brian and Cami are expecting their second child in March, so his
participation in LSR will be curtailed.
    Both of us are flying quite a bit, Bri in the Cessna 180 we own together
and me in the J-3 Cub as well as the 180 when cross-country is involved.
    I'm trying to get some street machine projects finished. Last fall I got
the Rajo OHV converted 1914 T Speedster running and am now in the midst of
finishing my 1928 Ford A Sedan Delivery powered by a Cragar (Miller Schofield)
OHV converted 32 Ford 4-cylinder.
    I look at all the postings that sound like they pertain to what I'm
interested in, so you guys keep editing the subject box to reflect what the
message
is about.
                 Ardun Doug King