Re: Organization (Okay already...)

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Organization (Okay already...)
From: John Szalay <john.szalay@att.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 12:56:13 -0500
At 08:56 AM 2/15/04 -0800, you wrote:
>USAF flightline crews place a thin layer of foam in the drawer, then trace the
>tool's outline, and then cut it away resulting in a form-fitting depression
>for every tool that belongs in the box.  That way, when the work is done, a
>quick glance in the drawer immediatly shows if a wrench is missing (and might
>be sitting in the jet intake or somethewhere else that would make the flight
>crew very unhappy at 38,000 feet and mach 2.
>Dick J in East Texas

  I remember a news story a few years ago , about a wrench falling out of the
sky
into someones yard, right when a airliner passed while  near an airport..

 another thought,  we did find a socket out on the long
course at Bonneville last WOS, while doing a course checks after mishaps.

and IIRC: someone found a 9/16 wrench on the course at finals in 2002.

 Just for kicks,  anyone interested in a old Austin Healey 100-4 with a SBC ?
needs LOTS of TLC.  been sitting for a long time...
 LOTS & LOTS of TLC.... Friend wants to get it out of his yard..
 no idea as to what its worth...

                          John