RE: Stepped Headers

To: "Bryan Savage" <basavage@earthlink.net>
Subject: RE: Stepped Headers
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 13:42:59 -0600
Bryan;

Actually we are in agreement. A good dyno test will give both the BHP &
torque curves over the full RPM range of the engine. Once that is known,
you have the info you need to do a comparison or determine the best
gearing, etc.

So far I haven't seen any A-B comparison data presented on header
performance re: stepped tubes, conventional tubes, anti-reversion
devices, etc. Comparing data from different engines on different dynos
is not very helpful: most magazine articles don't do good comparisons if
they present any data at all.

Regards, Neil    Tucson, AZ