RE: Cooling ideas.

To: "Dave Dahlgren" <ddahlgren@snet.net>,
Subject: RE: Cooling ideas.
From: Skip Higginbotham <saltrat@lubricationdynamics.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 17:48:24 -0600
Dave,
On the Miss America P-51 we sprayed 40 gallons across the radiators
(Engine, Aftercooler, Oil) in about 12 minutes to keep the door closed on
the dog house. (Drag reduction added about 5 MPH) You could see a faint
trail of vapor for a couple of hundred feet behind the airplane. I would
expect that at the salt and on a 120 second pass there wouldn't be a need
for more than about 2 or 3 gallons. Heck one could sweat that
much......unless one dropped his/her Diet Coke.
Skip