Re: Cooling ideas.

To: <docb8532@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Cooling ideas.
From: W S Potter <wester6935@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 07:36:15 -0700
Somewhere I have photos of the engine compartment and the car.

They used 4 40# NO2 bottles situated in the back window of the Trans Am.
Used an intercooler for each or the two turbochargers and after a run the
frost took some time to disappear.  It was still there after the car was
towed back to the pits.

The 290 plus speed was set running a C engine on gas.  He ran in a fuel
class because the nitrous was on board but claimed that none was ingested
into the intake system.  It was not plumbed to the intakes and air pickups
were located in the grille ahead of the nitrous plumbing.  The large ducting
came out cleanly without any breaks along the way.  Quite obvious that there
was no way the nitrous could have been introduced there.  If it did go into
the intakes he was using some NASCAR type tricks to accomplish it.

Wes