Re: Paint Job?

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Paint Job?
From: W S Potter <wester6935@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 05:55:16 -0600
Bob has apparently touched on a sensitive  point here.  Do we let Keith get
away with a metrosexual approach to race car aesthetics or do we see him as
the Alabama boy he is?

On color schemes for the exterior of the car ... remember that this car
(like the "girly Camaro) will likely be painted in the driveway on a nice
calm day.  Unlike the Camaro it will not afford the vertical canvas
necessary to fully explore the possibilities of the So-Cal Speed Shop's
paint scheme so well developed in their Saturn sedan.  Let's look to their
lakester and Dick and Bob's coupe for inspiration.

An all white car is not legal on the salt ... can't be sure it will trip the
electric eyes so the front needs to be a darker, stronger color ... the
Piersons did have an all white car in the early 40's for Keith to copy.

The swoop could be somewhat modified to fit the space available ... if Nike
doesn't step in and suggest a change over legal technicalities ... Just Do
It?  Might be problems.

Moving the red color to a more horizontal location may be problematic too
.. (The Alabama Redneck image comes to mind) in this configuration.

Consider that the newlyweds will likely be sharing time behind the wheel of
this car and we don't want to upset the new Mrs. Turk with the final
product.  Keeping Keith in mind we want to remember also the K.I.S.S.
factor.

I'd vote for something more like the Pierson Coupe with a possible overlay
of darker blue brought over the top but in a narrower band of color to allow
for white push friendly areas at the rear of the car.  That could be
incorporated into a new color scheme on his helmet as well giving some
continuity to the exterior of the car as it waits in line to run.

As for the driving suit ... just ignore it and perhaps it will eventually go
away.  The driver, whomever it may be, is tucked down low enough in this car
that only the starter will be nauseated by the color of that suit ... with
apologies to Cris and Ed at the far end.

Okay with you Bob?  List?  Step in here and give your opinions!

Wes